We are seeking dynamic and committed primary teachers to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022. We are implementing a new and innovative approach whereby each of the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science will be taught by separate teachers across all classes on our upper key stage 2 classes. This presents a unique opportunity for a primary teacher who has a particular passion, interest and ability in one of these core subjects to focus specifically on the planning, delivery and assessment of that subject, across classes in upper key stage 2. There will be a strong focus on a professional and supportive team ethos where colleagues will work together collaboratively to create and deliver exciting and innovative programmes of learning.
• To ensure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of care, learning and achievement for all pupils within the subject being taught.
• To plan and deliver high quality, differentiated learning programmes for Upper primary children within the allocated core subject and other subjects as required by school management.
Knowledge and Understanding
• To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which you work.
• To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, including those relating to equality of opportunity.
Planning, Teaching and class management
• Promote and support the ethos of the school;
• Work to achieve the general and particular aims of the school, expressed in the School Mission Statement and the School Improvement Plan;
• To plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, notwithstanding differences of race and gender, and taking account of the needs of all pupils
• To plan effectively to meet the needs of pupils with Additional Learning Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO, prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Plans as required in relation to the subject being taught.
• To assess, record and monitor each pupil’s progress in the subject being taught in line with the Academy profile and to report to parents.
• To monitor pupil’s class and home activities, providing constructive, oral and written feedback to support progress in the subject being taught.
• To use teaching strategies that keep pupils engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources.
• To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident.
• To set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline based on mutual respect and personal responsibility. To deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the school Mission Statement, Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy.
• To set a good example to the pupils taught through one’s presentation and one’s personal conduct.
Wider Professional Effectiveness
• To take responsibility for one’s own professional development including Performance Management / Appraisal procedures.
• To attend training in and out of school, as directed by the Leadership Team.
• To work effectively as a member of the school team, establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, parents and pupils.
• To manage support staff and other adults effectively, involving them where appropriate with the planning and management of pupil’s learning.
• The planning, teaching and assessment of the allocated core subject across upper primary and any other subjects required by the school management to be taught.
• Working collaboratively, as a positive and contributing team member, with the upper primary team of teachers, grade leaders, SENCo and EAL leader.
• Ensure long, medium and short term planning in the allocated core subject is of a high quality and that learning is differentiated and appropriately challenging to ensure all learners make at least expected progress, with a target of better than expected progress.
• The education and welfare of the children in accordance with national expectations and the ethos of the school.
• The quality of learning and the attainment and progress of all pupils in the subject being taught.
The successful candidate must have:
• Passion and ability in delivering excellent programmes of study in the allocated core subject.
• Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education from an institution approved by the UAE Ministry of Education or equivalent.
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is mandatory.
• Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
• Experience working in either British primary curriculum or the IB PYP.
• Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
• Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
• Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
• Most importantly, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers:
• Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
• Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...