Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Year 6 Teaching Assistant (KS2 TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in Bishop Auckland, County Durham. This Teaching Assistant role will entail a long-term supply position which will commence in January 2020 until July 2020. This is a full-time role that will be from 8:30am - 15:30pm.
The desired candidate will be providing support and assistance to the Year 6 class on a full-time basis. The TA role will include supervision of the class during activities, while also working with smaller groups. The role includes working as part of a dynamic and motivated team of staff.
This Sunderland based primary school is smaller than average, with a community based ethos. The staff are supported by a strong, friendly and approachable leadership team.
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching assistant in a Primary School environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience assisting with children who have SEN (Not Necessary).
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified KS2 Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.