The Head teacher and Directors at Rosemary Works Primary School would like to appoint a full time Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant with the drive and ambition to help support our lovely children.
The successful candidate will also be assisting with Lunches, breakfast clubs and after school clubs.
Breakfast club hours are 8:00 to 9:30 am. in this time you will supervise children who are having breakfast and supervise them in the playground before registration.
Lunch hours are from 12 to 1:30 pm. In this time you will help prepare the lunch hall, serve the children their lunch and supervise them in the play area.
After school club hours are 4 pm to 6 pm and will require you to supervise the children as they play in the hall and have an evening snack.
You will also assist with swimming 3 days per week. This requires you to walk with the children to the leisure centre and help the children prepare for their swim. You are sometimes required to get into the water yourself and support the children.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting, especially regarding the successful management of behaviour within a class setting.
• Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Class Teacher to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
• Under the guidance of the Class Teacher, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
• At the direction of Class Teacher, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
• Be familiar with lesson plans, IEP targets and learning objectives.
• Undertake pupil observations making insightful notes that inform future planning and delivery.
• Liaise with parents, members of staff and pupils at a personable but professional level.
• A competitive salary (to be negotiated with the successful applicant)
• An additional (approximate) two weeks’ holiday per year compared with the state school calendar
• A small, friendly working environment giving you the freedom to realise your potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a close-knit, friendly environment with lovely staff and a supportive management team. Just look at our website to see the wonderful things we have been doing and get a sense of the ethos of our school.
A completed application form and a supporting statement should be sent to: Rob Dell - Head Teacher, at the address above.
The closing date is Friday 9th December 2016
The starting date is January 2017
Interviews will take place the following week. Please call the school or use the email above to arrange a visit. Rosemary Works School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.