KS2 Teaching Assistant
Employer: New Horizons Children’s Academy
Salary: TSAT Grade C
(£16,500 - £18,500 FTE - £13,213 - £14,815 pro-rata for the hours stated)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract: Permanent, term-time only
Closing Date of Position: 19th May 2019
New Horizons Children’s Academy opened in September 2014 with only four classes, we have now grown to deliver a fantastic education to nearly 600 children from the local community and we will be growing until 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working Teaching Assistant to join our expanding team and to facilitate the learning of Key Stage 2 pupils.
You will need to hold a relevant L2 or higher childcare qualification or be willing to work towards this qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with KS2 aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
What you will need to succeed:
• Committed to supporting pupils
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing
• Effective ICT skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Understanding of the educational system and current developments
• Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
• First Aid experience
We can offer you:
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounted membership of a full-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite on site
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.