We require an inspirational, motivated & dynamic Key Stage 4 Leader of English to join a highly successful and established department to continually promote the Academy’s ethos. You will be joining a very successful department who achieve outstanding results. 70% of pupils achieved at least a grade 4 in English, with progress made by similar pupils, significantly above national average in English Language.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to work collaboratively with the Leader of English to develop colleagues in delivering outstanding lessons and develop the English curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within English to achieve their highest potential across Key Stage 4.
• Able to lead a team of high achieving specialists.
• Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Able to contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
• Able to lead/assist in the planning for the new GCSE framework along with being heavily involved in the new curriculum design.
• Able to confidently manage behaviour at Key Stage 4 both within the classroom and throughout the school.
• Responsible and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
• Able to maximise progress with disadvantaged pupils.
• Able to work with the Leader of English to develop/maintain outstanding practise.
• An outstanding practitioner
• An inspirational, dedicated and motivated individual.
• Passionate about the education of young people.
• Passionate about English.
• Committed to Castleford Academy values.
• Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
• Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
• Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting ‘English’ as a subject.
• Committed to making an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May at 11am with interviews being held later that week. For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605075.