KEY STAGE LEADER AND TEACHER OF SCIENCE
(Specific Key Stage and TLR salary point to be confirmed with the successful candidate)
Required for September 2020
Due to promotion of a current Key Stage Leader to the position of Curriculum Team Leader, we have the opportunity for an experienced science teacher to join the faculty as a Key Stage Leader
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader of Science, who has the vision and determination to raise student outcomes across the faculty. The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching and leading Science across KS3, 4 and 5. You will be joining a hugely successful and forward-thinking team of staff that are committed to continuous improvement. Over the recent years our Science faculty have delivered some outstanding outcomes, with 2018 Science outcomes sitting in the top 20% nationally.
The successful candidate will:
- provide inspirational leadership so that all students make exceptional progress
- be an outstanding, passionate and highly motivated teacher with a proven track record of examination success across key stages 4 and 5
- analyse progress and attainment data to make data-driven changes to curriculum design, and pupil interventions
- develop innovative schemes of work which are inspiring for learners and teachers alike and feed into standards bases assessments
- create and sustain a positive department culture, where staff feel collectively supported and developed
- play an integral role in the development of our middle leadership team as we advance on our journey to outstanding
Our school ethos of ‘Aspire, Learn and Achieve’ permeates throughout everything we do and is a shared vision that every member of the school community is part of. We insist on the very highest standards for all of the students in our care. This is an exciting time to join our school as we embark on a capital build programme which will result in a new purpose built centre for our expanding sixth form.
As part of the Spencer Academies Trust, we work alongside other schools in ensuring we deliver the very best education possible.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. Our successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. Our mission statement for the Trust reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly successful network of 20 schools (8 secondary and 12 primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire.
The Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff.
For further information on this role, please get in touch with Miss Rebecca Baker via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
In line with safer recruitment policies, references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 4 March 2020
Interviews to be held on Thursday 12 March 2020
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.