Kindergarten Assistant | Warwick, QLD
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5:00pm, FRIDAY, 21 JUNE 2019
- Help support and enrich the lives of children and families
- Work with a professional not-for-profit provider
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Status: Permanent part-time
At Catholic Early EdCare we share all parents’ aspirations to watch their children grow. We do this by incorporating the latest early education research and practice into our programs and creating spaces where children can connect, grow and discover. St Mary’s Kindergarten is one of over 130 Catholic Early EdCare services and part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane operating in South East Queensland.
We are seeking to appoint a Permanent part-time Children’s Services Employee at St Mary’s Kindergarten, Warwick.
St Mary’s Kindergarten Warwick is a 44-place service. This service is an integral part of the school and parish community.
The service provides a Kindergarten approved program and offers families a five-day fortnight program. The position will allow the employee to generally work at the beginning of the week with Group A.
Hours: 36.25 hrs per fortnight. Days consisting of 7.25hrs per day with a roster: Wk 1: 3 days and Wk 2: 2 days. 6.25 hrs per day contact hours and 1 hr per day non-contact time.
Remuneration: as per the Children’s Services Modern Award 2010. Level 3.3. $24.20 (depending on qualifications or experience)
- Assist in the delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- To work as an effective team member to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
- Certificate III in Children’s Services (or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines) or demonstrate a willingness to complete the studies
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
- Position may require being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Director
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
- Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
- Experience within an education and care service
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
For more information please contact Marie Sullivan (Teaching Director) at St Mary’s Kindergarten on 0488 665 525 or 4667 1075.
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Marie Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org