Webster Education, China
We are recruiting for a number of Kindergarten Teachers
(* There may be possibility for a slightly later start in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers for the upcoming academic year.)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term (1 or 2 year contract option in the first instance with renewal opportunity thereafter)
Salary: competitive salary including a comprehensive remuneration package
China based telephone for job enquires: 0086 (0)7715825762
UK based telephone for job enquires: 0044 (0)3330130783
Email for job application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisation type: independent
Age range: 3 – 6 years old
Student background: native Chinese
Organisation promotional videos:
Webster Education was established in 1996 with more than 20 years history of success in education, and has grown to become a leading provider of high quality educational services in Guangxi Province. Webster Education specialise in high quality language education, early childhood education, forest school education, consultancy services for overseas study at world-class universities and immigration. Every year over 10,000 students choose to study or receive tailor-made services at Webster Education.
We-kids House, the wholly-owned subsidiary company of Webster Education founded in 2011, is a well-established early childhood education provider in Guangxi Province and currently has 15 kindergartens, 8 of which are located in Nanning City (capital city of Guangxi Province). The rest of the kindergartens are located in other cities of Guangxi Province and Shenzhen City (a major city in Guangdong Province). With over 500 teachers and staff members, We-kids House provides education services for more than 3000 children each year.
Hooson School is the first early childhood education provider of European-style forest school in Guangxi Province owned by Webster Education. The school is located next to Guangxi Animal Husbandry Research Institute, and has a natural ecological environment and a diverse range of plants and animals. It has a forest school area of about 50,000 square meters.
We are looking for international teachers to join our dynamic and friendly staff team who are passionate to deliver high quality education to our motivated students. The successful candidates will be rewarded with a comprehensive remuneration package and invaluable opportunities for personal and professional development and fulfilment.
Quote from Sacha Chadban, our Kindergarten Class Teacher from New Zealand:
“I have been working at We-kids kindergarten in Nanning, Guangxi Province for the past one year. I have found Webster Education Group to be a professional, well established organisation to work for. I feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to work at the kindergarten. All staff members have treated me very well and made me feel like a valued member of their team. I am happy to be working and living in Nanning, Nanning is a lovely city with lots of fascinating places for me to explore. What has stood out the most for me during my time here is how friendly the people are. Everyone I have met has gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and safe. Coming to China with my two children was really stepping out of our comfort zone and we were all nervous. I could not have chosen a better place to start our new adventure in China.”
Quote from Andrew Wesley, our English Language Teacher from the UK:
“After working with Webster Education for just over a year, I have come to realise that the key fundamentals to establishing the professional ethos it manages to maintain come from the following virtues; mutual respect and trust amongst employer and employees, stemming from a helpful and accommodating attitude. This professional and friendly approach towards its members of staff has the desired effect of establishing the same relationship between the Webster workforce and its clients. Only by empowering employees and accommodating for their needs can the same be done for students and clients. Webster Education realises this. I am excited to be a part of its future.”
A comprehensive remuneration package for international teacher, to include:
- Salary: competitive salaries paid in local Chinese currency RMB and are subject to Chinese income tax. We will offer gross annual salary in the range of 180,000 RMB – 330,000 RMB. We will take into consideration the candidate’s work experience, qualifications and professional achievements.
- Gratuity: A bonus of 12,000 RMB before tax will be awarded upon successful completion of each year’s contracted work.
- Visa, work permit and resident permit arranged and paid. Staff will be working in a fully legal and secure framework. We will reimburse work permit and visa related costs (police check, health check, legalisation of documents required) when you arrive at the post (receipts needed for reimbursement).
- Insurance: China social insurance and additional commercial health insurance cover arranged and paid.
- Flights: annual international flights allowance.
- Arriving at the post: we will book your flights to China, arrange arrival airport pickup and welcome party. We will reimburse your transport to departure airport and excess luggage when you arrive at the post (receipts needed for reimbursement).
- Chinese buddy programme help you with settling in and on-going socialisation.
- Accommodation: monthly accommodation allowance.
- Food: free meals and afternoon tea at the kindergarten.
- Domestic travel: work related travel expenses can be claimed and reimbursed.
- Training: induction and in-service training including free Mandarin Chinese lessons.
- Holiday: You are entitled to paid kindergarten holidays and Chinese public holidays. There is also option for you to take 10 days paid annual leave but in return you will be required to do some occasional work during kindergarten holidays (mainly to help with marketing activities for attracting new students).
- Job opportunities for eligible dependent spouse. Kindergarten tuition discount for eligible dependent children.
- Additionally, being part of a large education group, there are better opportunities for career development and movement.
General requirements of applicants:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Teaching qualification or Education Degree from a recognised institution is preferred;
- A recognised TEFL / TESOL qualification is preferred;
- A minimum of two years teaching experience as a class teacher or teacher of English (will require written reference from previous employer); if you don’t have two years teaching experience then you must have a recognised TEFL / TESOL qualification;
- Early childhood education background is preferred, have a good understanding of child development and needs; patient and enjoy working with children;
- Fluent English speaking teacher (from major English speaking countries is preferred) with excellent communication skills, and the flexibility to work with EFL learners;
- Good organisation skills and classroom management skills;
- Good health and energetic; resilient, mature, and adaptable;
- open-minded; experience of working in an international setting or travelling within different cultures is preferable;
- Hold a current DBS enhanced disclosure or equivalent criminal record check clearance from your country of nationality or your current country of residence (a minimum of 1 year regular stay); please note if you have lived in other countries in the last 5 years, we will also check your previous certificate of good conduct from those countries; no harmful habits;
- Compliance with visa requirements for working in China (please note the age limit for China work visa is 60);
- Candidate with British equestrian experience is desirable.
How to apply for a job at school:
- Please read the detailed guide for job applicants, and complete an application form and send together with your CV by email and direct any enquires to: email@example.com
- Application forms will be considered upon receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted as soon as possible for interview either online or face-to-face (which can take place in Chelmsford UK or Nanning China)
- To help us make a fair and balanced assessment of you as a candidate, please provide us with all the information needed. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references, background and criminal record checks, and other necessary pre-employment checks including medical as part of China work visa requirement.
- Closing date: this job posting is valid till all vacancies are filled and we are recruiting for a number of teachers.