Kindergarten Teacher | Roma, QLD
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5:00pm, TUESDAY 23 APRIL 2019
- Help support and enrich the lives of children and families
- Oversee the delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, is seeking to appoint a casual Kindergarten Teacher at St John’s Kindergarten, Roma.
St John’s Kindergarten is a 22 place service. This service is an integral part of the school and parish community.
The service provides a Kindergarten program for children in their year before starting school. We are seeking a passionate early childhood teacher to provide casual relief teaching.
Remuneration: as per the Educations Services (Teachers) Award 2010. (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Responsibility for a kindergarten
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Day to day operations of the kindergarten service including administrations tasks
- Financial management including fee collection and budget management
- Delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
- Work collaboratively within a team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
- Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Experience in a Kindergarten Setting
- An ability to interpret curriculum documents
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
For more information please contact Teagan Busiko at 0408 426 138.
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Teagan Busiko at firstname.lastname@example.org.