Iqra is a one-form entry Voluntary Aided Islamic school. It has been judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas in the recent Ofsted inspection (December 2017).
We are now looking for a strong KS1 teacher (Year 2) to join our exciting school and be part of our outstanding achievements.
To be a successful applicant, you will be enthusiastic, innovative and an experienced teacher who will join our highly supportive and enthusiastic staff and leadership team.
The successful applicant will:
- Be at least a ‘good’ teacher, with the capacity to become outstanding
- Be organised, well planned in advance, maintain up to date records of children’s learning
- Be fully supportive of our Islamic ethos.
- Be driven by the ambition to succeed and make a difference to children's lives
- Have excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
- Be a successful role model within the primary school setting.
- Be a good communicator and team player.
Please submit a completed application form (found below this advert) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button. CVs will not be accepted.
To arrange a school visit please contact the School Business Manager; Ayishat Ajikobi, by telephone on 0207 622 3630.
This is a rolling application process - interview dates to be confirmed.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crb and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Iqra VA Primary School
127 Park Hill, Clapham, London SW4 9PA
Headteacher: Humaira Saleem