KS1 Class Teacher Vacancy
The Governing Body is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Position: KS1 Class Teacher
Start Date: 1st January 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (dependent upon candidate)
Term: Full Time
Applications Close: Monday 15th October at 12pm
Interview Date: Thursday 17th October
We are looking to employ an inspirational KS1 (preferably Y1) Class Teacher to join our hard working team, who will enable our children to Learn2Learn and SUCCEED!
Longthorpe is a creative school with children who behave well and are eager to learn.
We can offer you:
● Eager to learn and well behaved children – there is a real learning buzz in school
● A friendly, fun, supportive and dedicated staff team – a great place to work!
● Flexibility and understanding that supports a good work/life balance
● PPA time with colleagues
● Comprehensive and high quality planning and teaching resources that save time
● Personalised CPD opportunities and opportunities to take the lead
● Freedom to take risks with teaching and learning, within a metacognitive approach
● An experienced, supportive, driven leadership team that listens
● IPad and laptop for all teachers and a good investment in technology
● A 2:30pm finish on a Friday!
We are looking for a teacher who is:
● FUN & caring – develops very positive relationships with all pupils
● Passionate & reflective about the learning process – engages children and ensures a buy in from pupils and proactively self improves own practice
● Creative & knowledgeable – able to provide relevant learning to children that links across the curriculum
● Positive about change, resilient & dedicated with a sense of humour
● Consistently good and has proven, successful experience of teaching in KS1
How to apply:
1. Please download (complete and return) the application form from our website: www.longthorpe.net/about-us/vacancies
2. Please provide, with your application, a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining the skills and attributes that would make you a good candidate for the job.
3. You can either post or email your application form and covering letter; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01733 265959 (option 3) or via email: email@example.com.
If you do not get short listed for this particular post, please do not let this deter you from applying for any future positions.
The successful applicant will be employed subject to satisfactory references, acceptable health and DBS safeguarding checks. Canvassing any member of staff or the governing body, directly or indirectly, is prohibited and will result in a disqualified application. Staff recruitment and selection is conducted in line with our Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, and Recruitment and Selection policies.