KS1/KS2 Class Teacher
Islamia Primary School is a two-form entry (420 pupils) vibrant multi-cultural school in North West London. The school was judged to be ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in both March 2013 and November 2016.
We are on a journey to become an ‘Outstanding’ school and the Headteacher is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic KS1 or KS2 class teacher to join our highly dedicated staff. The prospective candidate should be an outstanding primary practitioner who has the passion; skills and determination to rapidly improve pupil outcomes for all groups.
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
• An excellent opportunity for professional and career development
Islamia Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
We are looking for someone who:
· Qualified Primary School Teacher
· Has previous experience in teaching KS1 or KS2
· Committed to working with children and their families.
· Has good interpersonal skills and the ability to support colleagues.
· Can be a positive role model.
· A confident user of IT software.
· Respectful of the school’s ethos.
· Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
How to apply:
An application pack can be obtained by contacting our HR officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs are not accepted. Please complete the application form provided.
Closing date: Ongoing