We are seeking talented teachers who are committed to achieving great outcomes for all our learners. NQT’s are also welcome to apply.
The school’s most recent Ofsted inspection (March 2014), highlighted The Orchard Primary as a ‘good school’ with some ‘exceptional’ features.
It is a school wherein pupils:
- ‘achieve well’
- ‘make rapid progress from low starting points’
- ‘behave well around the school’
- ‘are interested and keen to take part in their lessons.’
In terms of Leadership:
- ‘The school has developed new middle leaders exceptionally well. They now contribute to raising the quality of teaching highly effectively.’
- ‘Leaders provide well-thought-out training opportunities.’
- ‘The school promotes SMSC development exceptionally well.’
Come and join us on our journey towards aiming to become ‘an outstanding school’.
Orchard School serves a diverse community and is located in the heart of Streatham. Our friendly staff members are from a wide range of backgrounds and supportive of the school’s ethos which is highly focused on shared values and a deep commitment to community cohesion. The school has a track record of growing middle and senior leaders.
We are seeking a teacher who:
- Delivers consistently good and outstanding teaching that secures strong progress for all learners
- Displays high levels of dedication and enthusiasm in their work
- Has excellent knowledge and experience of phonics, reading and writing development
- Displays high levels of organisation and teamwork
- Is interested in career development
- Can offer an area of expertise
- Is sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our school
- A leadership team that is committed to strong teamwork, staff development and pupil outcomes
- Access to high quality CPD
- Strong links with other schools within the Al Risalah Trust and the Windmill Cluster; providing genuine opportunities for professional development and collaborative working
- Pupils who are keen to learn and are well supported by their parents
- High levels of skilled teaching assistant support
Visits are encouraged from all candidates.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role and the school, please telephone the Headteacher, Mr. Hoosen Randeree, on the school office number.
Please contact Jamshed Malik (Senior Admin Officer) to secure a recruitment pack.
Orchard School, Christchurch Road, London SW2 3ES. School Office phone number: 020 8671 4400. Email: email@example.com
Apply by 27/04/2018 (12.00 noon)
Shortlisting will take place on 27/04/2018
Interviews on 01/05/2018 and 02/05/2018.
The successful candidates will take up post from 1st September 2018.
Lambeth Council is committed to safer recruitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Applicants will be required to declare that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
Orchard Primary School
Christchurch Road, London SW2 3ES.
Headteacher: Mr. Hoosen Randeree