Are you a teacher looking for a new challenge?
Are you ambitious and keen to make a difference to the lives of our learners?
We are an improving school with a passion for making a difference for the children in our care. We invite you to visit our website at: www.stcolumbaacademy.co.uk to find out more about us.
At St Columba, children are the centre of all the decisions we make and this position is a wonderful opportunity for a new colleague to make a real impact. If you are knowledgeable, driven and ambitious, and you want to make a difference to children's lives through high quality teaching and learning then we are ready to hear from you!
Our successful candidate will be:
- passionate about making learning experiences purposeful, relevant and engaging; helping all children to develop the skills they will need today and in their future;
- determined to ensure that all children have the opportunity to make excellent progress;
- keen, ambitious and willing to be challenged;
- a teacher with high expectations of their own, their team and their children's performance;
- confident to engate with parents and develop positive home-school partnerships;
- a reflective practitioner who is always open to new initiatives and ways of working;
- able to develop a classroom culture of respect and understanding through positive relationships;
- an excellent classroom practitioner with the confidence and expertise to lead by example;
- a team player who is highly motivated and enthusiastic;
- prepared to take an active part in the wider life of the school, willing to add something extra to the school community by sharing their talents;
- able to demonstrate knowledge of our school in their application and indicate how they believe they could contribute to developing our community and the opportunities for our children;
- empathetic and able to support and promote our Christian ethos and values (Love, Respect and Hope);
- someone who has a positive can-do attitude
In return we offer:
- happy, enthusiastic children who are motivated to learn;
- a dedicated and mutually supportive staff team;
- supportive leadership, parents and governors;
- opportunities to network with partnership school colleagues;
- high quality opportunities for continued professional development;
- a real education experience - yes, we know we have to achieve high standards (and we will), but we believe that this happens through valuing the whole child and instilling a love of learning in every child;
- leadership role (core curriculum) for the right candidate.
Visits to the Academy are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Please come and see us in action and meet our fantastic children. Contact Jan Brett on 01329 843226 or email J.Brett@stcolumba.hants.sch.uk to arrange a visit or request an application pack.
Please complete a PWDAT application form which can be found on the website.
Application packs are available on our website: www.stcolumbaacademy.co.uk
St Columba Church of England Primary Academy and Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.