TEACHING AND LEARNING RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
• Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
• Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
• Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
• Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
• Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
• Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
• Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
• Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
• Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
• Be an effective tutor.
• Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
• Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
• Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
1. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Excellent knowledge of curriculum.
A commitment to and knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
An enthusiasm and commitment to teaching
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
Proven administrative, time management and organisational skills
Must have at least 3 years’ experience in British Curriculum school
Teaching that is good or better which impacts positively on student progress.
A broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
To be able to use ICT effectively.
3PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including PSHE.
A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
Flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
A reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
Understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
A commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include the following: dress code, attendance and timekeeping.
A corporate citizen involved in the school community and demonstrates Hillcrest’s philosophy and core values.
Has the potential for further promotion and a commitment to career development.
Hillcrest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be subjected to mandatory child protection screening, including reference checks with past employers.
Hillcrest International Schools offers a 2-year renewable contract and competitive remuneration in an exciting working environment. Benefits include medical insurance, pension, flights at the start and end of contract (for expatriate staff) and discounted tuition fee for children of staff.
Send the following documents to email@example.com no later than 17th Februar y 2020.
application letter detailing relevant experience and teaching philosophy detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees.
copies of academic and professional certificates, including teaching licence.
copy of passport bio-data page.
copy of passport photo.
latest copy of police clearance, DBS or equivalent
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more details about the position,kindly visit our website using the below link.