KS1 Phase Leader with Core Subject
KS1 Year group open to negotiation
Salary Grade: Main Pay Range (Ref point 1- 6) to Upper Pay Range (Ref point 1-3)
Salary Range: £28,660 - £47,298 per annum with TLR2b £4442
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Required for September 2018
The headteacher, staff, pupils and governors at Tufnell Park Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding Class Teacher to lead our KS1 Phase - three classes in total. We require a dedicated practitioner with the vision, drive and skills to inspire and enable others to achieve their best, to contribute to our enthusiastic and dynamic team, and to improve the life chances for the children in our community.
Tufnell Park is a great place to work and has a positive environment where everybody works together to achieve. We are currently a one-and-a-half form entry school, situated on a spacious and peaceful corner site with natural wildlife gardens and mature trees, yet convenient for transport links to North and Central London. The school is in the process of expanding to three forms of entry, moving into a state of the art new building in 2019. As our school expands, so will our staffing/leadership structure, offering exciting career development opportunities for our team.
We are seeking a Class Teacher/Phase Leader who:
· leads through exemplary classroom practice, motivating pupils’ learning and creativity
· has high expectations and can lead and inspire others to meet these – children and adults alike
· has the desire, understanding and experience of strategies for raising achievement in their own classroom and beyond
· positively embraces innovation, with the vision and energy to bring about change
· can lead a team effectively, utilising excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a good sense of humour
We can offer:
· wonderful children who strive to achieve their best
· an enthusiastic, ambitious and talented staff team
· a supportive leadership team, committed to providing great opportunities for CPD
· a warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
· membership of a successful network of local schools
Visits to the School are welcomed and encouraged by contacting Anna or Andrea in the office on 020 7607 4852, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/ following the jobs link. If you require assistance, contact the HR Team at email@example.com quoting reference TUF/025.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 20th May 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th May 2018
Tufnell Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations