Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS1 Teacher / ASD Teacher / SEN Teacher for an ‘Outstanding’ all-through SEN school based in West London. The school caters for students with a range of needs including severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), and Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The successful KS1 Teacher / ASD Teacher / SEN Teacher must have previous experience working with students with ASD and will need to have strong behaviour management. The KS1 Teacher / ASD Teacher / SEN Teacher will be working with a class of 6 pupils with autism. This role is to start in January 2020 on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• KS1 Teacher / ASD Teacher / SEN Teacher
• Will be teaching a class of six KS1 pupils with ASD
• Role to begin in January 2020 with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £130 depending on experience
About the School
• All-through SEN school based in Brent
• Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
• Beautiful school with modern facilities
• Hydrotherapy pool on site
• Outdoor access in each classroom
• 270 pupils aged 3 to 19
• Small class sizes (~8 pupils) with 2-3 support staff in each class
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
• Parking available and close to public transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the KS1 Teacher / ASD Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Previous experience of working with students with ASD
• Knowledge of Makaton/PECs (desirable)
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC27284KS1
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.