St Aidan’s is a Church of England Academy which is at the heart of the local community of Mill Hill, Blackburn. Founded in 1898, we became an Academy within Cidari (Blackburn Diocese Multi Academy Trust) in January 2015. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspirational teacher to join our existing team. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to become a key player in a vibrant primary Academy at an exciting part of its school improvement journey.
As a member of a family of academies, we work alongside other church schools to continue to raise standards whilst preserving a very distinctive Christian ethos.
Our Academy Mission Statement says that 'We actively promote Christian values and seek to foster an environment of spirituality, creativity and respect where everyone is valued'.
'Fulfilling potential, growing in God'
Is this an ethos that you could be fully committed to? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
· An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
· An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
· An aspirant Subject Leader who is passionate and innovative in their chosen area.
· A team-player who is also able to work collaboratively and lead in your areas of agreed responsibility?
· A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
· An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our Academy’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact in our rapidly improving Academy?
· Excited about joining an aspirational Multi Academy Trust with opportunities for networking, career development and leadership pathways?
· A deep understanding of how learning occurs?
· The ability to guide children’s learning in early reading and phonics?
· A current knowledge of the new National Curriculum combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and Literacy?
· A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment and the ability to articulate these?
· A commitment to continuing professional development?
· A commitment to upholding the Christian Ethos of our Academy?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our Academy?
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities in respect of class teaching and raising standards?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our Academy, thereby positively promoting our Academy’s and the Trust’s vision and values?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
If so we would like to hear from you
The staff are friendly, supportive and work positively together. If you think you can bring energy and enthusiasm to our team and are committed to excellence in learning for all children, then please apply.
Closing date: Friday 16th November 5pm
Proposed interview date: Monday 26th November
Applications will only be accepted on receipt of a fully completed Cidari Education application form.
Application forms and supporting information are available from this page and returnable to Lisa Burke by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss L Burke, Cidari Education, Clayton House, Walker Park, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2QE. 01254 958888
Further information about the Academy is available by visiting our website; https://staidansblackburn.co.uk/
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the School Business Manager. You can contact Karen on 01254 53148
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.