Smart Teachers are recruiting for a KS1 Teacher / KS2 Teacher / SEN Teacher to join an Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding’ SEN school located in Islington (N7). You would need to either have some previous experience in teaching pupils in schools, specialising in ASD, or moderate learning difficulties or have a passion for working in this environment. For applicants interested in taking on extra responsibilities there is an opportunity for a TLR and you would receive a competitive salary in line with the MPS. The start date for the role is October 2017 and will initially be on a temporary basis, however there is a potential for this role to go permanent. This role is suitable for both experienced teachers and NQT’s, so all applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Role
· KS1 Teacher / KS2 Teacher / SEN Teacher
· SEN role specialising in MLD and ASD
· Carousel style teaching
· Temporary contract with the possibility to go permanent
· MPS Salary between £27,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
About the School
· SEN School specialising in MLD
· Ofsted rating “Outstanding”
· Excellent opportunities for career progression
· Well-resourced and each classroom has an interactive whiteboard
· Support during lessons is excellent with up to two teaching assistants per class
· Nearest station Highbury and Islington
In order to be considered for this role, the successful KS1 Teacher / KS2 Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Have experience or an interest in working with students with ASD
· NQT’s who may have worked as Teaching Assistants in SEN schools before their training would be ideal for this role
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KJC48536.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.