Unique Experiences - Exciting Curriculum
Grove Academy is a new free school that opened in September and is the first all-through school to open in Slough, providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. This is a unique opportunity to work with us to shape the Grove experience right from the beginning.
We have opened with Reception, years 1, 2, 3 and 7. Our primary phase is growing quicker than expected which is why we are looking for more staff now. The successful candidate would teach either year 1 or 2.
Our project based curriculum will be developed via enquiry and ‘big questions’ and will enable all pupils to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. We will work closely with local businesses and organisations to ensure that our pupils leave Grove Academy with the skills and character that employers seek.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- Experiences you cannot get anywhere else
- Innovative CPD packages because we want to invest in you
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in EYFS, primary and secondary phases
- We want to learn from others and research, so providing networking opportunities for staff at all levels is important to us.
- As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has the imagination to help develop our project based learning curriculum.
- Is excited by the chance to be with us at the beginning of this amazing journey.
- Recognises they need to be flexible as the school grows and in turn we will provide experiences they cannot get anywhere else.
- Who can also make learning fun!
Can you think outside of the box and see this as a fantastic opportunity to help us create a magical curriculum? If so …. Grove Academy is the place for you!
Closing date: 16th October 2017
We strongly recommend that you contact us to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to talk to Andrea about the post please email with your telephone number and she will get back to you.
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application form.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Wellington Street, Slough, SL1 1YG