Full Time, Permanent Post
Application Closing Date: Thursday 18th January 2018 by 12pm
We would like to observe shortlisted candidates teaching in their own school w/c 22nd January
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 7th February
Start date: Monday 9th April 2018
Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner who has a strong understanding of the curriculum and high expectations of what pupils can achieve?
Do you have the enthusiasm, commitment and drive to become our new KS1 teacher?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join our highly inclusive and friendly school where pupils are keen to learn and strive to do their best.
This post will be in Year 2 where our class sizes are small. You will be well supported in your role by an outstanding Key Stage One Leader, who teaches the parallel Year 2 class, and will have the opportunity to plan as part of a strong team.
You will be ambitious for the school, be able to build positive relationships and embrace the vibrancy and inclusiveness we value.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding class teacher with an in-depth knowledge of the Year 2 curriculum and how pupils learn
- Confident in making learning ‘irresistible’, purposeful and challenging for all pupils
- Skilled in identifying and overcoming barriers to learning
- Highly motivated, passionate about teaching and keen to take on new ideas
- A skilful communicator who can forge effective working relationships with pupils, staff, parents / carers and other schools
- Committed to their own professional development and keen to progress further in their career
We offer a school that is:
- Welcoming and friendly with pupils who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Committed to ensuring all pupils meet their full potential, develop as well rounded individuals and are well prepared for the next phase of their education
- Staffed by a highly skilled and cohesive team who strive to achieve the highest possible standards
- Able to offer high quality, continuous professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Passionate about school improvement and open to new ideas
- Committed to the well-being of its staff and in developing ways to manage teacher workload
- Governed by a strong and supportive Board of Governors who strive to improve outcomes for children in Wellington
Our pupils and staff are extremely proud of their school and would love to show you around. Please call or email Nicola Johnson on 01823 662 438 / email@example.com to arrange your visit and request an application pack.
Please email completed application forms to the email address above by:
12pm on Thursday 18th January.
Beech Grove is a safeguarding school committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS.