KS1 Teacher - Maternity
If you have a growth mindset, love teaching and have a passion for learning then our children need you! We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic part time (Wed-Fri) Year 2 teacher to join our team at the beginning of March 2018 to cover a teacher on maternity leave. We are looking for someone who will promote our ambition to 'nurture the potential in everyone'. Newly and recently qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
We want a teacher who;
- is strong, confident and enjoys making a difference
- is reflective and willing to learn
- has a clear understanding of outstanding teaching and learning
- has high expectations of themselves and children
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- can contribute to and support the Christian ethos of our school.
We can offer:
- a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- hardworking and committed staff and governors
- enthusiastic pupils
- opportunities for professional development
- coaching, support and mentoring
- an attractive and well resourced school.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please telephone the school office to arrange a visit on 01892678980.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a check against the ISA Barred list for children.
Information about the school
St John's Primary School is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England School situated in Tunbridge Wells. We have three forms of entry. We have strong links with our parent church of St John's and enjoy the excellent relationship we have with them. We offer a wide range of extra curricular activities to pupils.
Our vision is that St John's will:
- have a vibrant curriculum that engages, empowers and inspires a love of learning
- nurture children to achieve their potential by fostering independence, confidence and creativity
- draw upon our Christian values to equip children with tools for life.
In addition, we value honesty, respect, empathy, courage and inclusivity.
Application Closing Date: 23 January 2018, Midday
Interviews: 31 January 2018
Start Date: 1 March 2018
Job Contact Information