Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS1 TA / KS1 Teaching Assistant of graduate calibre to join one of the most prestigious independent schools in South London starting January 2019. This is a full time KS1 TA / KS1 Teaching Assistant position contracted until the end of the academic year. If you are a KS1 TA / KS1 Teaching Assistant wanting a challenge and a chance to develop and progress your career in a busy school community, then this is a great opportunity for you. The school is open to taking on a newly qualified Primary Teacher or Early Years Teacher looking to start their career and may be interested in taking on a TA role.
About the Role
· KS1 TA / KS1 Teaching Assistant
· Phonics training provided
· Full time, 6 months fixed term contract starting January 2019
· Salary between £19,000 - £21,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
About the School
· Established and reputable school with an attached co-educational Early Years department
· Set in the heart of an attractive village in South London
· Campus comprises of an interesting mix of the historical school grounds and purpose built modern buildings
· Access to incredible facilities
· Heavy influence on sporting achievement and musical excellence
· Extremely supportive long term staff
· Heavy focus on CPD
· Easily accessible by public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the KS1 TA / KS1 Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Level 6 TA Qualification / Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
· SEN with EBD experience (preferred )
· Early Years TA / Teaching Assistant experience (preferred )
· Proven and recent experience working in a UK based classroom
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SXT12899.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.