Chellaston Junior School is looking to appoint a class teacher to join our team.
Rated good by Ofsted, we are an ambitious, forward thinking school with an extremely motivated group of staff and engaged pupils.
As a large (4 form entry) junior school, we can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to progress through their career with skilled and supportive guidance from school leaders and a network of colleagues in other schools within our Trust. We are a tight-knit group of classes with a whole-school ethos to everything we do.
We are looking to recruit teachers who are:
- Full of personality and humour;
- Excellent team players with superb interpersonal skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and resilient;
- Highly skilled, especially in teaching all of the core subjects (especially mathematics);
- Highly motivated and talented and who will help continue our drive for excellence in pupil outcomes;
- An inspiration to children;
- Committed to supporting the aspirational vision shared by the whole school;
- A creative practitioner with the ability to manage change effectively.
Our school could be described as a hidden gem in the south of Derby and, therefore, visits to our school are preferable. In the current climate, this may prove difficult but, in this case, even a telephone call with the Head teacher to discuss the role would be beneficial. Please contact us at school if you wish to discuss the role in more detail 01332 701460. The school will be open and staffed (week days) throughout the period of the advert (including the Easter Holidays).
Candidates are encouraged to apply indicating their strengths in Key Stage Two and to complete the 'Supporting Statement' section of the application form thoroughly, covering all relevant aspects of the Person Specification.
Visits to our website at www.cjs.derby.sch.uk are also highly recommended.
Chellaston Junior School is committed to safeguarding children and this post is subject to a DBS check for a regulated activity.