KS2 Class Teacher
Thornhill Primary School
Contract: Full-Time and Permanent
Salary Grade: MPR to UPR -depending on experience
Possibility for: TLR (subject/phase responsibility)
Actual Salary: £28,098‐£46,829 per annum
‘Thornhill Primary School is judged to be a GOOD school across all areas’ (Ofsted Inspection, March 2017)
Thornhill is a unique community school with a clear vision and passion for learning. We are committed to high quality teaching for all our children and believe that creativity is at the heart of education. Join us in exploring what learning can be like and help us develop the most exciting environment possible.
We are looking to appoint passionate and enthusiastic Key Stage 2 Class Teachers (year 6 experience is preferable) for September 2017 to join our teaching team. For suitable candidates there is the possibility of phase or core-subject leader responsibility availability with an accompanying TLR increment (please express interest of middle leadership within your supporting statement). For suitable year 6 teachers there is the option of an additional TLR allowance. Applications from newly qualified teachers are also welcomed.
This is a great opportunity for any teacher who:
· Loves teaching - is committed to achieving excellence in teaching and learning.
· Is highly motivated and enjoys working with children.
· Has a strong commitment to professional development
· Wants to make a difference for all groups of children
In return, Thornhill can offer you:
· Children who are eager to learn and engaged with supportive parents
· A rewarding opportunity to be part of a supportive, motivated and committed team
· Significant professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages of their career
· A vibrant and creative place to work with a recent Ofsted judgement of ‘Good’ (March 2017)
· TLR allowance for year 6 teachers and core subject/phase leaders
Visits to the school are positively encouraged. We have the following dates and times available:
-Wednesday 21st June 4.15pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 607 4162 to confirm your attendance or to arrange an alternative time.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Monday 26th June 2017
Shortlisting: Tuesday 27th June 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 28th - Friday 30th June 2017
To apply: Follow the jobs link http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/job/v727026
If you need any assistance please email the Schools’ HR Team at: email@example.com quoting reference: THOR/501
Thornhill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.