Would you like to be part of a thriving team in this vibrant Academy? We are looking for an inspiring KS2 teacher to work 2 days per week, fixed term for one year - to commence 1st September 2019.
Opportunity to work in a large Primary Academy, possible responsibilities depending on the skills/experience of the candidate.
We will offer
- the chance to work in an 'Outstanding' school
- delightful and hard-working children
- the chance to join a friendly, supportive and dedicated team
- opportunities for professional development
We want to find an exceptional individual who:
- is an enthusiastic, creative and inspirational teacher
- holds the highest expectations
- is committed to promoting outstanding progress
- works effectively within a team
Salary & Benefits
- Access to Teachers' Pension Scheme
Your knowledge and experience
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively through the curriculum.
- A thorough understanding of KS2 education and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- A clear understanding of age related expectations for children within the Primary phases.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Strong application of IT to enhance children’s learning.
- Know the legal requirements, national policy and guidance on the safeguarding of children.
- Qualified Teacher status
- Evidence of in service professional development.
- Good judgements in observations.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Wold Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing date is 26th April 2019 at 4pm
Interviews will be held w/c 6th May 2019
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office to arrange.