The Headteacher and Governors at Leighton Primary School are looking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic teacher to build upon the current strengths of our KS2 team. We pride ourselves on being a really strong team who strive for the very best for our children and work effectively together to achieve this. We have very low staff turnover and our team of teachers and the leadership team have been consistent for the last five years which is a reflection on the good staff morale in our school.
The successful candidate will work closely with the strong KS2 team of teachers, HLTAs and support staff to continue to move our school forwards to raise standards.
NQTs are welcome to apply and will receive a well-supported induction package and the opportunity to work closely with an appointed mentor.
The post is available from September 2018.
We are looking for a teacher who is able to:
- Demonstrate through their teaching, a passion for children’s learning and have high expectations for outcomes.
- Demonstrate experience of being an inspirational classroom teacher in KS2 with proven impact.
- Show confidence in using ongoing assessment to inform teaching and learning
- Show, through their planning and teaching, an excellent subject knowledge in Mathematics and Literacy and have a good understanding of how to transfer the key skills to children with different abilities.
- Reflect a genuine passion for improving the life chances and opportunities for our children.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with parents.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a supportive and strong team of teachers that is effectively lead by Phase Leaders.
- Individualised professional development and strong subject leadership support with access to high quality training.
- Children who thrive and are enthusiastic learners, displaying high standards of behaviour.
- A driven, ambitious and supportive Leadership team who support a healthy work life balance.
- A vibrant and happy school where children are at the centre of our thinking and vision for school improvement.
Visits to our school and with the Headteacher are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Charlotte Neville (PA to the Headteacher) to arrange. email@example.com
For further information about our school and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.leightonprimaryschool.co.uk
Application Closing Date: Monday 26th March 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Leighton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to DBS clearance check and 2 positive references
Headteacher: Mrs Hayley Sutton