From September 2020, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding, committed and energetic teacher to join us as a KS2 Form Teacher. The successful candidate will be working in our Junior School, which boasts exceptional facilities within a modern environment, extensive outdoor spaces and a supportive and experienced team of staff who are committed to providing the best teaching and learning for our pupils.
Main Responsibilities include
• Being first point of contact for pupils needing help and parents consultation
• Providing high standards of teaching and the promotion of effective learning
• Be involved in the sporting activities
• Registering pupils in a timely manner
• Follow up on unauthorised absence
• Develop individuals’ personal, social and health education
• Set and monitor homework
• Encourage pupils to take part in extra curricular activity
• Promote safeguarding the welfare, safety and pastoral care of all pupils within the school
The successful candidate will
• Be suitably qualified
• have an extensive understanding of Key Stage 2 education.
• inspire pupils, staff and parents;
• will be familiar with the best innovative practice
• have excellent classroom management and teaching skills and a proven track record of strong pastoral care
• understand children and be able to get the best out of them
The King’s School pay scale
Why work for us?
• Free onsite parking
• Free staff lunch during term time
• Discounted food & beverage in our onsite café
• Pension scheme
• Free use of our gym and swimming pool
• Competitive salary
The King’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to undertake screening relevant to the post, including checks with past employers and the Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the King’s School uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Closing date: midday 27th March 2020
Interview Date: 31st March 2020
Please apply by submitting an application form or applying through TES. CV’s will not be accepted.
For more information about the King’s School, to view the job description and download an application form please visit https://www.kingschester.co.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities/
Please send any applications forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting to the school for the attention of HR Coordinator.
We receive many applications for our roles at The King’s School Chester which means it can take us a little longer to shortlist and reply. We aim to respond to all applications within 14 working days, so unless you hear back from us, please assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.