Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS2 Intervention Teacher (Year 3 and Year 4) to join a dynamic primary school, growing in excellence and going through significant structural change. The school is based in the culturally diverse, north east London borough of Waltham Forest (E4) known for its contrast of inner-city urban characteristics, and more affluent residential developments surrounded by open spaces, parks, and playing fields. Starting in September 2017, this full-time KS2 Intervention Teacher position will be contracted for the full academic year. There is also every possibility that this role could lead to a generous offer of a permanent placement. If you are looking for a leading school on the cutting edge of what’s happening in education, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the Role
· KS2 Intervention Teacher (Year 3 and Year 4)
· Full time role
· MPS / UPS + TLR Salary up to £46,829
· September 2017 start
· Contracted until the end of the academic year with the potential of permanency
· Providing Maths and Literacy support with positivity and enthusiasm
· Suitable for an experienced primary or secondary trained teacher
· Exceptionally strong NQT’s are welcome to apply
About the School
· 3 form entry primary school
· A ‘Good’ School with ‘Outstanding’ features by Ofsted
· Easily accessible from many boroughs of London (situated within great transport links)
· School is introducing a brand new site build to be completed May 2017
· Bright spacious classrooms with state of the art technology
· Small class sizes
· Formed an Academy Trust with a school awarded National Support School Status
· Part of a teaching alliance of 42 Schools
· Leading on the ‘Primary Challenge’ in partnership with the local authority and schools within the borough to improve the quality of education for children in Waltham Forest
· Offers excellent CPD and provides a funded Master’s degree opportunity for permanent teachers
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· PGCE or equivalent qualification needed, QTS essential
· NQTS and overseas trained staff are welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number mxr15224.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.