The Governing Body of All Saints Catholic High School wish to appoint: KS2 / KS3 Teacher (English / Mathematics).
We are looking to appoint a talented, ambitious, dynamic and exceptional Key Stage 2 / Key Stage 3 teacher who has the ability to work with students to develop their self-esteem and confidence. It is essential that you have an excellent rapport with students and are focused on raising their standards of mathematics, literacy and social skills.
We are looking to develop a Key Stage 3 transition programme for pupils working below the expected primary scaled scores and have a variety of additional needs. The curriculum is flexible and innovative, incorporating English and maths. You will be a member of a motivated and supportive team.
The main activities will involve:
- Supporting developments in policy and practice
- Teaching Year 7 and 8 students, intervention groups and study support groups.
- Participate in self reviews and the quality assurance process
- Support, develop, share and model strategies for highly effective practice
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding classroom practice
- The attitude and personal qualities to motivate less able students
- A proven track record of raising standards in terms of literacy with less able students
- Excellent rapport building and forming solid relationships with students
- The ability to give full support to the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Being bound by the general teachers’ duties as laid down in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document – undertaking such duties as may be reasonably expected, including involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- To be a graduate.
- Successful completion of teaching practice or NQT year.
- To have highly effective classroom skills.
- To be able to set and maintain high expectations of work and behaviour.
- To have a good understanding of Equal Opportunities issues and a determination to apply the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of work as a professional.
- To be a reflective practitioner.
- To establish good working relationships with staff, students, parents and carers.
Please complete a letter of interest together with a job application form that can be found on the school website: www.allsaintschs.org.uk and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like any further information about the post please contact School Business Manager, Rob Alcock on (0151) 477 8740 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 21 May 2018.
Interviews: 24 May 2018.
For an appointment to visit the school please contact the School Business Manager
All Saints Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
ALL SAINTS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
Kirkby, Merseyside, L33 8XF
Telephone: (0151) 477 8740
Headteacher: Mr A McGuinness