We are looking for an inspirational qualified KS2 teacher to join our strong and supportive academy team.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A qualified practitioner who holds QTS or equivalent;
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- A willingness to try new things and to help develop new strategies in curriculum and assessment;
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children/students!
About Harris Primary Academy Benson
Harris Primary Academy Benson is a successful and ambitious two-form entry school, serving a diverse community on the outskirts of Croydon. Our Ofsted in June 2015 was graded as ‘Good’ in all areas, and we are now looking for staff to join us on the next steps in our academy transformation.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Benson?
- Amazing, well-behaved children, who are happy at school and excited by what they are learning each day
- A fantastic site, including a large field and sports pitch
- Located just ten minutes from East Croydon mainline station on public transport, or we have a large car park
- A local school with all the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Benson are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 777 1572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.