We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher to join our team of teachers at Avanti Park School. The position will be suitable for both a newly qualified and a more experienced teacher. The successful applicant should be able to deliver KS2.
Avanti Park School is a Middle deemed Primary school . The Avanti Schools Trust took over the school in November 2019 and the school has improved rapidly since this takeover.
The staff at Avanti Park School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school that is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenges and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
· Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
· Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
· In the spirit of the ethos of the Avanti Schools Trust, treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
· Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
· Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
· Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
· Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
· Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
· Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils’ you teach
· Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
· Teacher’s pension scheme
· Development opportunities
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensure that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.