KS2 Teacher required for Maternity from January 2017- June 2017
The International Community School (ICS), one of the longest established and most successful international non-proprietary schools in the Middle East is seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative KS2 Teacher to join our Primary team. Initially this will be a two-term contract to cover maternity (from January-June 2017) but a further full 2 year contract starting August 2017 could be offered to the right candidate.
Please log on to this site and watch our 5 minute recruitment video and to find out more about our school http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/ics/teaching/jordan/index.htm
Since opening in 1955, ICS has continued to remain fully focused and wholly dedicated to providing the highest quality of British style education available. ICS adapts the UK National Curriculum from Foundation Stage through to GCSEs, BTEC and A levels. ICS is a very well-resourced school with small class sizes (average 20) and currently has just over 700 students from Kindergarten to Y13 .
Following an external inspection in October 2016, ICS was awarded BSO (British Overseas School) Status. the school is a full member of the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is also member of COBIS (Council of British International Schools). In May 2016 we were granted membership to the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the school is currently seeking full CIS Accreditation over the next 12-18 months.
Whilst the curriculum at ICS is British based, the school places great emphasis on being internationally minded and is committed to nurturing a rich and diverse cultural environment. Indeed ICS today is without doubt one of the most international of all international schools in the region, with students drawn from more than 65 nations.
Jordan remains a very safe and western-leaning country where thousands of expatriates and their families live and work happily. Jordan is a fascinating country with an amazing history and several world heritage sites, including Petra, voted as one of the ‘New Seven Wonders of the World’.
Applicants must :
- Be a fully qualified teacher (with QTS or equivalent)
- Be an outstanding and inspirational KS2 teacher with a proven track record of ensuring that all students achieve their full potential.
- Have experience of working successfully and collaboratively with others as part of a team to ensure successful outcomes for students.
- Be a highly professional, resilient and dedicated educator (with a good sense of humour)
What we offer:
- Highly competitive tax free salary (Teacher scale depending on experience: JD25,000-JD35,000* PA) This equates to approximately £28,000 to £40,000 per year depending on exchange rates.
- Free Housing (high quality, fully-furnished apartment)
- Free Transportation (to/from school)
- Full Medical Cover
- Baggage Allowance (start and end of contract)
- Return Flights (start and end of contract)
- Free schooling for children
How to apply
Please send your CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information please call +44207 259 8771 or +447595 968 600
Applications should consist of a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressed to the Principal Mr Mark Cripps together with a current CV with a recent photograph and should include the following information for VISA purposes
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 5) QTS Status
Phone and Skype interviews will be arranged for all short-listed applicants as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held immediately.
Please note that we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date