We are looking for a KS2 Class Teacher to join our thriving and successful Junior School.
Applications are welcome from either an NQT for whom there would be an excellent Induction programme or else an experienced teacher.
The Junior school has been very successful over the years promoting an ethos of high expectations as well as excellent behaviour for the children. Teachers and staff in the school and boarding House provide the opportunities for all children to achieve their potential.
The Junior school at present has a population of 150 pupils, 61 of whom are boarders and 89 are Flexi Boarders. The School, Junior and Senior combined is the only state-maintained boarding school with Key Stage Two provision and, as such is very important in providing continuity in education for children whose parents serve abroad, as well as other children whose needs are best served by being in a boarding situation.
We have been very successful in our KS2 SATs over the years. There is good support in the classroom and we have been recognised by the Minister of State for Schools for the excellent achievement of all our students and by our most recent Ofsted inspection in April 2016 where they celebrated the implementation of the new curriculum and the assessment in place at KS2.
We are looking for:
• Excellent teachers with enthusiasm, commitment and excellent ICT skills
• Strong academic qualifications and subject knowledge
• A team player able to promote high expectations
• A role model to pupils and other staff in the school
We can offer:
• The opportunity to work with well-behaved pupils with diverse backgrounds and needs.
• Well-resourced facilities and excellent specialist teachers.
• Excellent CPD opportunities and career development
• Excellent induction programme for all teachers.
• A supportive leadership team and professional dedicated staff
• Possible on-site accommodation in return for boarding duties
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Interviews will take place on Friday 1st December 2017.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.