KS2 Class Teacher - NQT’s welcome to apply
Can you make learning fun for your class? Do you want to work a great team who are friendly and cheerful? Does the thought of working with happy and engaged children in a newly refurbished building excite you? Then read on to find out about working at Southwark Park Primary School.
Southwark Park is an inclusive primary school with a fantastic team spirit. We have the highest expectations of every child and are eager to build on our ability to match or surpass national figures at KS2. Our children come from a range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds and we celebrate diversity across the school. We’ve embraced change and challenge ourselves on a continual basis. We believe in being reflective practitioners who look carefully and collectively at how things could be done better.
Ofsted (March 2014) Good
- A clear programme of NQT mentoring and training
- A supportive, collegiate leadership team
- A well-established school coaching and mentoring programme to support teacher’s development at all levels, including developing middle leaders.
- The opportunity to join one of our curriculum task groups, where you can gain experience of supporting and leading projects (Task groups: Health and Well Being, Languages, Maths and Curriculum)
- Good links with partnership schools allowing you to gain experience of different working environments
- Access to the Math’s hub
- A creative curriculum and wonderful opportunities for outdoor learning
- Middle leadership development opportunities
- A new building with up to date IT equipment and excellent playground facilities
- Support with assessment in light of assessment without levels
Now we’re looking for equally passionate and reflective team-players to continue our journey of success. We’ll expect you to be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice with:
- The ability to teach engaging and well-structured lessons
- A strong grasp of national strategies and the National Curriculum
- A good understanding of child development and how children learn
- The ability to use formative and summative assessment effectively to ensure children make excellent progress
- Knowledge of recent developments and a desire to explore new ideas in education
- Knowledge and understanding of the effective inclusion of all children, and of the factors which support high achievement in school for all pupils
- A real commitment to get parents involved in their children’s learning
Successful applicants can rely on high levels of CPD and support from a leadership team that believes all teachers should have a voice.
To discover more and to apply, take a look at the careers section of our website, get in touch and arrange a visit.
Closing date: Monday 16 April 2018 13:00
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant