We are looking for a qualified primary teacher to join our strong and supportive academy team.
We are happy to accept applications from teachers at any stage of their career, from NQT to experienced teachers looking for additional responsibililties.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
Interviews for this role will take place on 3rd and 4th April 2019.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A teacher who is committed to raising achievement among children of all abilities
- A well organised team worker, who can work under pressure while maintaining a positive approach to their work and relationships with others
- Someone with the willingness to commit fully to the whole staff team and the academy’s aims and expectations.
- The ability to demonstrate the skills of a good teacher, including interesting, encouraging and engaging children, providing appropriate levels of challenge and using methods and resources that enable all pupils to learn effectively
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- A proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
- As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
About Harris Junior Academy Carshalton
Harris Junior Academy Carshalton is a three-form entry school in the London borough of Sutton, educating children between the ages of seven and 11. The academy has a simple, fundamental philosophy: that the school should be a calm and caring learning community in which everyone feels safe, happy and valued.
Why work at Harris Junior Academy Carshalton?
- Children who bring a wonderful amount of energy and enthusiasm to the school, and who are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- A team of expert teaching and support staff who believe all children can achieve to a high standard
- A strong relationship with parents, carers and the local community
- A community school ethos with all the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Junior Academy Carshalton are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 647 7324 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.