Briar Hill Academy is now recruiting for a Year 6 Teacher. This could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
Briar Hill are looking for a strong year 6 teacher to support with our drive to outstanding. With a proven track record of strong SAT's results we are looking for a candidate who will be able to continue to improve our thriving upper KS2 team. The right candidate with be offered development opportunities as well as the option to join our SLT to gain leadership experience. A TLR is also available for the right candidate.
About our Academy
Briar Hill Primary in Northampton is a GOOD school as rated by OFSTED in 2016. We are a forward thinking and vibrant 2 form entry primary school. We are looking to appoint an excellent class teacher with a passion for ensuring the best for the children they teach.
At Briar Hill Primary we are a positive and skilled team of teachers and support staff, who work together to achieve the best outcomes for our well behaved and enthusiastic pupils. Staff are encouraged to be ambitious, develop their careers and we aim to provide personalised, professional development to suit the needs of the individual.
Salary & Benefits
- M3 to UPS3 with possible TLR
- Access to Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
Who we are looking for
- Qualified teacher status
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience and success in leading a curriculum area (core and foundation subjects)
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively.
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- A clear understanding of age related expectations for children within the Primary phases.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Strong application of ICT to enhance children’s learning.
- Know the legal requirements, national policy and guidance on the safeguarding of children.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Briar Hill Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.