When you become a teacher in a GEMS school you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. Teachers at GEMS schools access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as well as ensuring that GEMS attracts, and retains the highest calibre teaching and leadership staff. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
About the School
GEMS Al Barsha National School, Dubai, is new school which opened in September 2016. It offers an inspirational curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England with Arabic language and UAE culture, heritage and tradition at the heart of everything. As an all-through educational provision, the school currently caters for children from FS1 to Year 9 with plans to grow to Year 13 in successive years. The school enjoys a prime location making it easily accessible to everything that Dubai has to offer as well as other Emirates.
About the Role
As part of the strategic enrolment growth within the school we are now looking for an outstanding Pastoral leader to join our team in September 2018.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, in addition to being able to offer at least one subject to GCSE level. Experience in teaching Business or Economics would be an advantage.
- Lead the form tutors in a one form entry Secondary department from Y7 to Y10
- Take a lead on the House system, student leadership and well-being; working closely with Inclusion and counselling team as part of our new Pastoral Support initiative for 2018/19 ‘NSBe Well’ programme
- Mentor ‘at risk’ pupils if required and take a key role in the positive behaviour intervention team
- Whole KS3/4 Event management
- KS3/4 Residential (local and overseas) co-ordination
- To be part of the NSB Innovation and Disruption team (interest in Entrepreneurial education/Educational technologies/integrated approaches to STEAM)
- Be an active member of the School Senior Leadership Team
The successful applicant will
- Be excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
- Have experience of leading colleagues as an Assistant Head of department or Pastoral phase leader
- Be a fully qualified teacher with at least 5 years’ post qualifying experience at Key Stage 3, 4 in the UK National Curriculum.
- Have the desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Have experience of KS3 and KS4 pupils in a city environment
- Be able to be able to hold colleagues to account if required
- Have excellent pupil pastoral support skills
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
This is a fantastic opportunity for UK trained teachers to further their career with a global leading company and world class International School located in the heart of Dubai.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax-free salary, high quality furnished accommodation, annual flight allowance, visa costs, medical insurance and end of service gratuity.
To apply for this position please visit our careers site and apply online (Ref:1575)