“Our vision is to be the school of choice for our local community, developing successful young people with high aspirations, who show respect for all and endeavour to become the very best that they can be.”
“As an NQT, I have been given access to a number of opportunities within the school that have facilitated my professional development. The English department is very inclusive and staff members are whole-heartedly supportive. A well thought out NQT programme compliments the formative requirements of the course.” K Bingham NQT
"Roding Valley is a good school with outstanding behaviour" OFSTED 2013
We are looking for….
- a well-qualified, creative and dynamic English specialist to lead the KS3 curriculum
- an engaging and forward thinking teacher who will build on the success of the department across all three Key Stages
- a dedicated professional to work/support the Head of Faculty to promote high standards of teaching and learning within the subject
We can offer….
- Easy access to the school. Loughton tube line is 100 meters from the school gates
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
- Bike to work Scheme
- Canteen facilities
"RVHS is a great place to work as it combines the freedom to be creative in your teaching alongside the support which ensures you are best able to do your job.” K Stockings
You will be joining a school with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff. RVHS is keen to embrace an approach that is centred on teaching and learning and academic attainment for our students. RVHS is an 11-18 school in Essex, that enjoys a good reputation in the local area and benefits from excellent transport links, including being adjacent to Loughton tube station (Central Line). It is an exciting time in the history of the school with the development of the sixth form, expansion of pupil numbers in 2018 and a new building which will provide additional class bases and a state of the art learning centre.
For further information see the website www.rodingvalley.net
Visits to the school or informal discussions with the Head of School , Mrs S Jenner, are welcome, please contact the school on 020 8508 1173 to arrange.
Roding Valley High School and its governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.