Ada Lovelace Church of England High School currently based at William Perkin Church of England High School, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 8PR is seeking to appoint a KS3 Science Coordinator
APPLY NOW! We review and shortlist applications as they are received.
As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust, Ada Lovelace CE High School offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for its teachers. The school, now in its second year, is currently co-located at William Perkin CE High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), and moves to its brand new permanent site in north Ealing in September 2020.
This is an exciting role for an innovative teacher who is ready to take on post-holder responsibilities as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2023). As the new KS3 Science Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring outstanding examination outcomes at KS3, and you will also work closely with our established and experienced science team to ensure that comprehensive wider learning offer is in place for KS3 students.
Ada Lovelace has an innovative curriculum model – core subjects including science are taught in the morning in 50-minute periods, and science is studied every day by every student. These lessons cover the academic core, with the Practical and Creative subject options, taking place in the afternoon. All students in Key Stage 3 have an afternoon a week of Applied Science session in which they explore the subject in a real world context.
For an informal discussion about this position or to arrange a visit please contact the HR/Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive Leadership Team
- Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach Science to at least KS4
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to the ethos of the school
For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 25th February 2020
Interview date: Tbc – week beginning 2nd March 2020
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.