The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results consistently place us in the top 10% of schools nationally.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, dedicated and inspiring Teacher of PE. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting learning, have high expectations of all students’ achievement and will approach the job with enthusiasm. The post is full time and permanent from April or September 2019.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified teacher of PE who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential).
- The ability to teach PE at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- An ability to teach GCSE PE, A Level PE and / or BTEC Sport would be an advantage.
- An inclusive view of PE with a commitment to high achievement.
- An ability to lead GCSE PE across the school would be essential.
- A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results.
- Teamwork, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- A commitment to extra-curricular activities, particularly Rugby would be an advantage.
- Ability to teach a second subject would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (email@example.com ), if you would like to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: 10am, Thursday 14 February 2019.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.