We are seeking a full time KS4 Maths Coordinator to provide leadership and direction for Key Stage 4 within the faculty and ensure that it is managed and organised to meet the aims and objectives of the school. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to change their teaching and learning responsibility to become the KS5 Maths Coordinator from September 2022 if they possess the appropriate skills and experience.
- Holder of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
- Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
- Experience of teaching Maths at all Key Stages and demonstrating a positive impact on student progress and outcomes
- Ability to articulate an ambitious and appropriate vision for the department
- Ability to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge both staff and students
- Ability to manage staff with structured challenge, support and CPD
- Ability to coach and train others to be highly effective teachers
- Ability to analyse and use data to raise departmental performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
- The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
- Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
- A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
- Holder of NPQML qualification or additional further professional qualifications
- Experience and evidence of a positive impact in a similar role
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and is attached in the Appointment Brief
- Please send your completed TES application to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 26th April 2021. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees
- We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
- Interview date: 29th April 2021
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...