KS5 Progress Leader
22.5 hours per Wednesday to Friday (some flexibility needed)
Term time plus 5 training days
Scale point 29 to 32 (actual salary of £14, 662 to £16,282.64)
To start September 2017
Woodrush High School, an Academy for Students aged 11 – 18 is an Ofsted Outstanding School. This is an exciting time for the Academy as it continues to grow and develop.
The successful applicant will establish, maintain and monitor high academic standards, in line with expectations, of student attainment and progress across KS5.
Main duties will include:
· Identifying students at risk of underachieving
· celebrate and nurture positive student engagement of all students within the year group
· Reviewing and analysing data relating to student performance
· Being able to set appropriate targets with students
· Monitoring expectations through the construction and review of Individual Learning Plans for at Risk students.
· Interviewing/mentoring a case load of students who are considered to be 'vulnerable' or 'at risk'.
We are looking for a person who ideally has:
· Experience of working with young people within a secondary school.
· An understanding of the Post 16 Education system
· A belief that all students have the ability to achieve and be successful
· Knowledge of how to use data effectively
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Expectations of high standards
· The ability to work well as a team
We can offer you:
• The benefit of being part of our Teaching School
• Supportive Induction programme
• Excellent opportunities for further development
· On site gym and membership at reduced rates
To find out what we can offer you working at Woodrush and for more information on our school please download our application pack from our website. Details can also be found on how to apply.
Alternatively please contact Mrs Robinson Headteachers PA on 01564 823777 or email her at email@example.com to have a pack emailed or posted out to you
Closing date first post 26th June 2017 interviews to take place shortly thereafter.
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.