Vision for Education are recruiting for a Teaching/Support Assistant who is fluent in Kurdish to work within a specialist provision in the Sunderland area providing 1:1 support to a young person who has special educational needs. The young person has bilateral cerebral palsy so the successful applicant should have prior experience of supporting children who have similar needs and difficulties. The working hours will be 8.30-3.30; Monday-Friday. This will be a long-term role and for the right candidate will lead to a permanent position.
The successful candidate will:
• Be fluent in Kurdish
• Have previous experience of working with children and young people who have complex needs
• Have experience of carrying out personal care, or be willing to carry out personal care as and when required
• Have a flexible approach to working with children and young people
In return for your hard work we can offer:
• Transparent and fair pay rates starting from £9.20 an hour
• Regular access to seminars and training courses, fully paid for by Vision for Education, such as Team Teach, Safeguarding and Autism Awareness
• 24 hour support from a team of designated SEN consultants
• Wages paid directly into your bank account, weekly, through PAYE
At Vision for Education we are fully dedicated to safeguarding and require all of our candidates to hold an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This must also be on the update service. Full assistance will be provided.