Greenford High School
Lady Margaret Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 2GU
Headteacher: Mr M Cramer BA (Hons) MA
NOR: 1800; 600 Post 16.
Starting Date: From September 17
Closing Date for application: Tuesday 4th July
Salary: Term time only, including Inset days. 35 hours per week. Point 15 to point 21 salary range; annual incremental rises - £16,557 to £19,061. Apprentice Lab Technicians: £246.75 per week (over 21years of age); £196 a week (aged between 18 and 20)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 270 schools out of 6235 nationally for student progress. We are looking for a Lab Technician to work in our excellent Science Department, setting up experiments for teachers and helping the students to make outstanding progress and to have a real enthusiasm for the subject. We will accept applications from ex-GHS students, gap year students, those looking for full-time or part-time work, temporary or permanent positions, or apprenticeships.
• A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 580 students, with many A Level classes
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Greenford High School is part of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building opening in 2018
• Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; an outstanding record of staff achieving promotion; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at email@example.com