ABC Teachers, part of TES, are currently recruiting for Tutors to work with Looked After Children in the Wolverhampton and Dudley area. This is an excellent opportunity to offer much needed support to children who are more vulnerable, and to enhance their education outside a school setting.
About the role:
• Working one to one with looked after children who often don’t do well within a school environment.
• Primarily focusing on Maths and English as well as a variety or other subjects.
• Position to commence as soon as possible
• Part time role on an ongoing basis
• QTS would be an advantage, but not essential. Experience within a similar role is essential.
• Have proven experience assisting young people with Special Educational Needs and Experience working with challenging behaviour.
• Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
• Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
• Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools and will help you achieve your best
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES
• Free CPD workshops
What to do next:
• Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 4812230 to discuss registering with us further.
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months, one of which must be a school based reference, as well as your complete previous 2 years working history. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself.
• ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
• We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), you will also need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.