Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications.
If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers
We are looking for an inspirational and energetic teacher who has high expectations and is able to inspire students.
The Languages Department is a key part of Cheney’s success, with most of our students taking at least one language up to GCSE. We are keen to develop and improve these results even further – and we feel that recruiting the best possible teachers is the key to that aim. We have an exceptional head of faculty and a lead practitioner working in the department who will support and develop new members of staff.
You will need to:
- Be passionate about helping students make excellent progress and reach their potential in Languages.
- Be able to teach French and German or Spanish, but ideally both, at least to KS4/KS5.
- Have a proven track record as an outstanding and creative practitioner.
- Have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas.
- Demonstrate the talent, interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate students.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Mdm. Sophie Reynes, Head of Faculty, on: email@example.com
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Friday 20 April 2018.
Interview date: Wednesday, 25 April 2018.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.