Term Time Only (plus 10 days)
Salary Scale: SO2/PO1 (points 26-30).
Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge joined the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust in October 2018. Working closely with outstanding leaders from across the trust, the academy is characterised by its high aspirations and ambitions. Targeted and effective support systems have been implemented in order to create an environment where our students experience an outstanding education with no limit to what they can achieve. GCSE results for 2018 were a validation of the work we had undertaken to transform the academy and results mean the academy is now recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. As a result, this is a truly exciting time for the academy. We are determined to build on our initial success, increasing student numbers and constantly striving to serve our students better.
All of these fantastic and exciting initiatives require the expertise and commitment of dedicated staff and Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge now wishes to appoint a Lead Attendance Officer. Over the last 12 months we have invested heavily in our pastoral team, which now includes the following positions:
• Senior Leader with responsibility for pastoral care
• Education Welfare Officer
• Attendance Officer
• Family Intervention Worker
• Child Protection Officer
• House and Deputy House Managers
All the above positions are non-teaching, demonstrating our commitment to dedicate our pastoral staff to pastoral issues.
We are now seeking a motivated Lead Attendance Officer to lead on a reduction in student absence across the academy by leading the delivery of attendance strategies
What can we offer you?
• Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
• A first class behaviour for learning system
• Career progression and cross-trust working
• An excellent CPD package for all staff
• A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme and reduced-cost health cover
What are we looking for?
• Educated to degree level
• Experience of working with disaffected students
• Knowledge of statutory provisions relating to education welfare and non-attendance
• Knowledge or experience of working in an educational setting is desirable but not essential; we believe in getting the right people into our organisation. Training specific to an educational setting can be provided as required.
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start date: To be discussed at interview
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 16 July 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
Apply now! For further information on this role, the benefits of working for the trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies. Here you can also view our Staff Prospectus.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.