Lea Valley is an 11-19 academy with 1200 students on roll. This is an exciting time to join our team and to be part of building a beacon of educational excellence.
We are looking to appoint a Counsellor who shares our belief in the highest standards of support for young people in a comprehensive setting. They will work within the Inclusion Department on a range of responsibilities including understanding specific learning needs and styles, establishing positive relationships with pupils and promoting positive behaviour in pupils. We want a counsellor who has passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to lead small groups and individuals and should:
• Be an outstanding student or graduate.
• Have the desire to support students in a challenging classroom environment
• Have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
• Be committed to Lea Valley’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed.
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
They will have the opportunity to:
• Play a significant role in the development of Lea Valley Academy
• Be centrally involved in the leadership and management of the academy and will help establish a school culture that is both nurturing and ambitious
• Join the Edmonton Academy Trust and receive comprehensive CPD through the school and associated networks
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position where you enrich the lives of the students who attend Lea Valley Academy, then we want to hear from you.
For a candidate information pack and a confidential/informal discussion, please contact Mrs A O’Toole on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a supporting statement with your application of no more than 1 page of A4, outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences to date have prepared you effectively for the role of Counsellor at Lea Valley Academy.
Location : Enfield, North London
Reporting to: Principal (Day to day management overseen by SENCo)
Start Date : January 2020
Deadline : Friday 6th December 2019
Interview Date: w/c Monday 9th December 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.