Closing Dates: May 2nd 2017
Salary: Competitive salary plus performance related bonuses
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2017
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
Lead of Languages wanted for an exceptional school
We are looking to appoint an ambitious, motivated and talented teacher to lead one of the most highly performing subject areas within the Academy. Our strong team of successful Language teachers are committed to developing outstanding learning and teaching for all our students across Key Stage 3, at GCSE and A level.
This post represents a superb career opportunity for a motivated professional who wants to challenge and engage pupils across the full 11-18 age range, who has a passion for designing an innovative and creative curriculum.
We are looking for:
· A qualified teacher who can teach Spanish across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge (A Spanish Linguist)
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
· A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
· The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results
· Excellent classroom management skills, organisational and ICT skills
· Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment and be flexible in response to the day-today requirements of a large, busy academy
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community
· Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
· Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
· An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)